Elna P. King

Elna P. King
This picture was taken early December 2010

Monday, July 11, 2011

4th of July Week

This past week I think mother felt pretty good as we continue to celebrate every chance we get! Most of our July 4th celebrations happened on the weekend and we spent a rather quiet day on the 4th. Amy and I went to the Stadium of Fire with Heather's family on Saturday. Sarabeth came that night and did fireworks with those left at home-- Art, David and Mother. 

Sunday night our family came to do fireworks in our backyard we had homemade raspberry ice cream. Mother enjoyed the show, but was too tired to go to the park with us where Spencer shot off his "aerial" fireworks--previously illegal--he was so excited.

On Monday, the 4th, we took lunch to Art's parents. Enjoyed visitng with them--Art's dad is quite frail and as we sat around their table together, I couldn't help but feel so blessed to have this "season" to enjoy our wonderful parents.

Tuesday was the Concert in the Park for this week--American Fork Symphony. Enjoyed that evening.

Heather came on Thursday--I was gone for the morning to a Relief Society meeting and she went through some mail and paper-work. When I got home from my meeting, we all went out to lunch at Paradise Bakery.  Love those chicken-walnut sandwiches!

The rest of the week, we enjoyed the back yard, sitting on the deck and the sweet summer life with a few rainy days sprinkled in.

Here are some pictures from mother's birthday party back in April, 2011. I know there's a lot, but I tried to be selective and it was hard to choose--I took a LOT of pictures that day!

















Have a great week! Mother sends her love to all!

1 comment:

  1. I love to see the pictures! I read Grandma's blog all the time and I really love it, thank you Aunt Karen for doing this! I think it is so special and I love to see and read what is happening. It looks like you had a great birthday party! Grandma, you are loved by so many people and you have been a great influence to all us of. Love you so much!
    -Buffy
    Has Grandma seen my blog?
    http://elizabethandaustinlewis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete