Elna P. King

Elna P. King
This picture was taken early December 2010

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Marshmallow Pictures and Giant Water Slide Party

On Monday July 18, our family met at the Heritage Park in Cedar Hills  (beautiful place) for family pictures--Katie was our great photographer! It was such a stressful day--with traffic jams, a wardrobe malfunction (I couldn't get my new earrings in my pierced ears), complaints from the guys that they felt like a BAG OF MARSHMALLOWS in their new white shirts, WIND and RAIN--which made some people think we should cancel (perish the thought after all the stress of geting there!), but Katie was able to take some pictures that we are excited to see. I appreciate her patience. We discovered that Daxton likes to pose and be photographed. Sarabeth said she thought it was helpful that it was a cute girl taking the pictures!

It was great to have a "girl" get-together on Tuesday July 19 at the Trellis Cafe at Thanksgiving Point--love the tomato basil soup (but mother doesn't). I'll post some pictures, but some didn't turn out very well so I apologize that not everyone is included. It was so fun to see Julie who was here for a short time from Arizona. We enjoyed the visit, food and fun together--wish we could do it more often!







Sunday the 24th we went to the Pleasant Grove Concert in the Park--the group that played was called "The Sixth Ward Funeral Potatoes". Mother enjoyed their music--they played violins, banjo, cello and sang.

Sunday was also David's 38th birthday. We celebrated on Monday with a giant double water-slide in our back yard. Thanks to everyone who came--it was so much fun and David is already talking about next year's party! Mother really enjoyed the day--sat in the shade, watched the kids slide and play in the water, visited with family and neighbors. Loved the food--the salads and desserts were fabulous--thanks for donating!  After that full day, I thought Mother would be ready for a day of resting, but Tuesday morning when she got up she said, "Let's go out for breakfast!" So we went to Mimi's in Orem--great muffins! Tuesday afternoon she went with me to run some errands--isn't she fabulous! Here's a few pictures of the water-slide party--I didn't take very many and most of the ones I did take weren't very good.






Mother so enjoyed the visit and dinner out on Friday night with Danna Lee and Adam--she said, "They were so nice to me!" Art and I were gone for the evening and I'm always happy to know that mother had visitors!

As you can tell, mother is doing quite well--not everything she would like to do, but I think she's amazing! What a great example she is to us--endure to the end! She loves the visits with family whenever possible so drop by if you get a minute in your busy schedule--or even a phone call is great!

Grandma sends her love to all!

4 comments:

  1. Loved looking at all these pix. Thanks so much. It looks beautifully summery there. So glad you had a 'get together.' Wish there were some smiles from Mother, but she probably 'rightfully' does feel like doing a lot of smiling. You're all so good to her - she's so fortunate,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanksgiving point was so fun. It was great to all get together. Our date night with gma was the best! We loved it. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I forgot to say I made the cinnamon syrup from your cookbook today gma. It was fabulous! I love that cookbook! I always reminds me of eating at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That all looks like so much fun! Happy Birthday to David! I loved the water slide party the year I was there, hope I can come another year. I love seeing pictures of all the fun events, and I love to see Grandma in them. Love you Grandma!

    ReplyDelete