Elna P. King

Elna P. King
This picture was taken early December 2010

Sunday, September 18, 2011

What happened???

Dear Family and Friends,

I started this post many weeks ago, but I got so discouraged with adding the pictures that I couldn't face it again. I've only been able to upload one picture at a time and it takes sooo long. Nyla told me I could just add more pictures and they would all upload, so I started uploading about six pictures one night, then went to bed. When I got up in the morning, uploading was still running and no pictures! There really must be an easier way so if one of you computer gurus want to help me sometime, I would greatly appreciate it.

Mother had a follow-up appointment with the cardiologist and she passed with flying colors! Everything looks good--blood pressure is good, heart rate is great. She's amazing!

After the dr. appointment, we made a spur-of-the moment decision to go to the quilt show at the Springville Art Museum. I called some of our friends who I thought would enjoy it and amazingly, they were able to join us!  It's always a great and inspiring show--so many beautiful quilts with so much work put into them that it boggles the mind. We enjoyed it so much and just as we were leaving the quilt show, Pam and Val walked in. It was fun to see them.

Thursday August 25 was Scott's birthday--we enjoyed red velvet cake and ice cream at their house.

We had a fun King Family Reunion in our yard. It was so nice to have Kent and Sheila here. The weather was a bit hot, but sitting under the shade of our trees wasn't too bad--so glad our trees have gotten big enough to provide some shade! The younger kids enjoyed the new sandbox, which Art completed just that day. The almost 200 water balloons didn't last very long and we had fun with the "famous people" game--Devin chose to be Nyla and that was guessed quickly. Adam stumped us for a while by choosing foghorn leghorn (whoever that is!). We had to give up when we couldn't remember Jennifer Lopez--the name Massiel chose. The Elmo pinata was probably the biggest HIT of the party (pun intended)! I think Mother was so happy to have the family together. Daxton told me it was the best day ever and said we should have that party again.

We took this group picture before Sam and Massiel arrived.
Rachel also arrived later.

These picture were during the "famous people" game--everyone is thinking hard!




This is the group of non-gamers:


David had fun--just wasn't smiling!

The Pinata!!








Finally!! By the time the candy fell it was getting
quite dark. Some people were using cell phones
as flashlights so they could see the candy!

We attended the final Concert in the Park for this season. We enjoyed the Timpanogos Chorale--and the pre-show was a young man from our ward who sang several songs. We will miss going to the concerts on Sunday (in Pleasant Grove) and Monday (in American Fork) evenings--mother and I think they could have them for a while longer--after all, the weather is still good! I'm guessing the organizers are happy to see them end.

September has arrived along with cooler weather. We're still enjoying the deck although the evenings are so much shorter now! Right now we're sitting on the deck and a flock of geese are flying right over us--fun to see and hear--a sure sign that winter weather is on its way! We didn't do much this past week that was very fun or exciting. I was sick on Friday and didn't even leave the bedroom. It's a long day for mother when something like that happens. She did have a hair appointment and Sarabeth was so nice to come and take her, Heather picked her up afterward and brought her home. I'm sure she was glad to get out for a little while. Amy has learned how to fix Cream of Wheat for Mother for breakfast  so she fixed that and then something for lunch--not even sure what. I'm grateful for their help!

I guess that's all for now. Have a great week (or two...or three...). Hopefully, I can be more faithful about updating. Mother sends her love to all. I really want to take her to Logan to see Michelle's new twin boys--must have a picture!
--Karen and Mother



1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for posting and loved the pix. There must be something not quite right with the uploading - they shouldn't take that long. So sorry - must be a setting or something. See if DL or Ginny look at it - they're good at that kind of thing. I need to do some posting on my blog - putting it off, but will get with it soon... I hope. Thanks for all you do - the party looked so fun.

    ReplyDelete